Monday 26 January 2009

Supervisory Blues (2)

I've now had a reply from my presbytery rep. I thought the rep was to help out if you had issues. Okay, so it may be I have had issues with my supervisor's style, but I know that isn't something I need to bother the rep with, as it's all part of the learning process. I would have thought my supervisor being off-sick for at least 2 weeks is something the rep should be helping me with.

She didn't seemed too worried. I was supposed to be meeting with her and my supervisor tomorrow and suggested to her we could possibly meet without him. She thought I didn't need to meet with both pf them at the same time, but thought best if my supervisor was there as he knows my progress.

I also asked what would happen if my supervisor were to be off longer term. The way his Dad was talking, that may be the case. She just said something about she was sure my supervisor would keep 121 informed and they would arrange something.

So, if the rep doesn't know what happens in this situation and defaults responsibility to 121, what is the point of the presbytery rep? From all the paperwork I have from 121, the impression I had was this was exactly the situation where I needed them.

I really hope my supervisor isn't off any longer, but I contacted my rep to tentatively set up a vague "what if" back up. Looks like that isn't happening. I think I'll speak to my friend who is (or used to be) on the ministries council and knows the set up of the CFA. Maybe she can help. I know the people at 121 are lovely, but a little slow to put things in place. I'm worried this may delay the whole process and the opportunity for selection conference this year will be gone.

An I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Possibly. And, if everything is delayed, I'm sure it will be for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. Don't panic - yet! My supervisor was in hospital for an operation and was off for 3 weeks. All that happened was I "observed" the locums until he came back and 3 weeks were added at the end.

    It would do no harm to inform 121 that your man is off sick. But wait and see if it is going to be more than three weeks before asking them to be more proactive.

    I found 121 to be really helpful.

    HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crabbit.

    Thanks for the advice. All your advice has been very useful and encouraging.

    Mrs Gerbil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!