Wednesday 21 January 2009

Is it just me...

Or I am the only person who wasn't that bothered about America getting a new president?

Yes, he's the first black president. There always had to be a first.

Yes, he's a great orator. As much as it pains me to point this out, so is Nick Griffin. In my book, actions speak louder than words. I shall reserve judgement.

Yes, it's a great day for America. I AM NOT AMERICAN AND DO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA. Sorry, for "shouting" but it really annoys me - I don't really care that much. Why does everything that goes on in America have such an important part to play in the rest of the world? I know, I know, it's the most powerful country in the world, but with great power comes great responsibility. They haven't been acting very responsibly of late. I know George W Bush led them, but they did vote for him. They first term may not have went his way, but he did get a second term...

All in all, despite my cynicism and apathy, in the coverage I saw yesterday, there was something that seems to have been missing from America (and potentially the world) for a long time - hope.

Hope rest on Obama's shoulders. I only pray he is strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!