Tuesday 27 January 2009

Sad, Sad, Sad

My husband and I don't watch TV, but there are some programs we miss. Thank God for DVDs and the BBC iplayer!

Last week we finished watching Doctor Who series 4. I love the Doctor. Who else could save the universe with a tardis, sonic screw driver and psychic paper???

David Tennant's made the role his own. For many of us who remember it first time round, Tom Baker was the definitive Doctor. I don't know, in many ways I think David Tennant eclipses him.

I have a friend who is friends with David Tennant's Dad and I keep trying to get her to get me his signature. No joy; she won't ask for her kids! She does remember Sandy MacDonald talking about his struggling actor son. Well, he may be famous now, but the struggle goes on.

The thing that makes me sad, other than realising I cry at the end of series 2 and 4 and can quote verbatim some of the scenes, is on the night we finished the 4th series, I dreamt a sermon, based on the adventures of the Doctor. This is disturbing for many reasons, including:

1. Only children are supposed to dream about TV.
2. I've never preached a sermon in my life.
3. A Doctor Who based sermon!!!
4. I can remember it vividly - I never remember dreams.

Strangely, though, I remember when I was a kid my then minister doing a Doctor Who children's address. I can't remember what the message was, but I remember how cool I thought my minister was for that.

Well, on the back of the dream, I started writing a sermon. All I have to do is find a time when it would be appropriate and bible readings which would tie in with the message of the sermon.

I really need to get out more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!