Sunday 18 January 2009

Restoring my soul

With the events and soul searching of the last couple of weeks, I felt I needed a little time to do something I enjoy. I love bird watching. Always have done. I can watch them for hours. I'm no expert, though I have picked up a reasonable knowledge of some species.

I went to Vane Farm today. It's an RSPB reserve near Kinross. This time of year, it's teeming with geese over-wintering there. I was only there for an hour or so. It was exceptionally windy and it started to rain very heavily as I was leaving, so the birds were keeping their heads down. I just had to look more carefully.

Just sitting in the silence. Watching. Waiting. Observing. Letting the thoughts of the past few days drift away and concentrating on watching the birds go about their business.

I also took a few photos of the surrounding hills steeped in snow with rain clouds all around. It was spectacular watching God's creation and letting it restore my soul.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the birds today. They were to hunkered down and far away. So, I've posted one I took last year of a blue tit attending it's young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!