Monday 19 January 2009

In the driving seat

I'm just home from Bible study at my home church. For the first time, I led the study. I say led, but as it's a good group, it's just a good chat/discussion of the bible passage and associated thoughts.

I enjoyed leading it. It may seem a little strange, but I felt a little awkward leading it (although I had offered - the minister was at a parents' evening). I know the member of the group really well and one was my Sunday School teacher, so it seems wrong leading them, when they have led me for so long.

I know that is one reason why I must do my CFA at another church. Knowing a congregation for so long is a double edged sword. I get to know myself and my calling better elsewhere. But, it's always good to visit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!