Tuesday 19 July 2011

A weapon of war

I read an article yesterday about rape being used as a weapon of war (here). Specifically the rape of men by men.

Reading the article sent shivers down my spine, but not as much as watching the audio slide show. Male rape has been used for millennia as an especially brutal and cruel form of oppression. By perpetrators who are almost definitely not gay. No, this weapon of war has nothing to do with homosexuality, just degradation pure and simple.

The affects of this type of weapon is as devastating as female rape, but there is much less awareness and almost no support for its victims.

It sometimes feels so helpless seeing and reading of the terrible things humans do to each other, in order to dominate and humiliate their victims. I know God is angry and sad when  these things happen. I also know he is there in the midst of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!