Monday 11 July 2011

The deaf will hear

Time and time again, when I am involved in leading any aspect of worship, I am praised for the clarity of my voice. I have even had a couple of deaf people tell me they can lip read from me very well.

I've always had a voice which carries and the deaf can hear. I haven't honed it or developed it. I just naturally have it.

It used to get me into trouble. Speaking in class when I shouldn't have been. Even though others were too, it was always me who got into trouble. Oops. I related this to someone today and they just told me, "well, it's paid off now".

It's funny, all through the selection process one of the talents I could bring to ministry I always mentioned a good clear voice. My rational is it's just as important people being easily able to hear the message as the message itself. Looks like, from this early stage, I am right about this being important and being appreciated by congregations.

So, this voice is another God-given talent. I've always know I had it and now I can (and am) using it as God needs me to. That's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!