Thursday 7 July 2011

Unicycles

A few years ago now, in a fit of madness, Spot and I bought a unicycle. We never quite got round to learning, though we had good intentions.

Well, I'm trying to loose a wee bit of weight and get fit. We have a decent rowing machine and exercise bike, which I've been using a fair bit. What with those and all the walking I've been doing, the weight's definitely coming off. I'm also feeling fitter and, with my families heart history, that's no bad thing.

So, last week, after my session on the rowing machine (I prefer it to the bike - a better work-out I feel), I didn't want to move onto the bike. It gets a bit boring after a while. Then I remembered the unicycle (quite how I could forget it, I don't know, as it was between the two aforesaid items of exercise equipment). Using one of those must be great exercise and will be a bit of fun. Who knows, I could start going to the shops on it. Pity I don't still go to school.

Now, I have decided to master the unicycle once and for all. Good exercise, a bit of fun and something a bit different in my repertoire. Besides, with that and my plate spinning ability, if ministry suddenly goes pear-shaped (somehow, I don't think God will allow that), I could diversify into street entertainment!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well let me know how you get on. After all from my experience, life is one big balancing act so mastering the unicycle could sharpen those skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!