Sunday 10 July 2011

Talking to farmers

I was leading worship in my (other) home church today, as cover for my ministers. It's a rural parish, so the majority of the congregation are farmers or have a deep knowledge of farming.

So I preached on the parable of the sower! I was aware of this when writing the sermon, as I was bearing that in mind, but I was brought up a townie, so there's always the chance I've really no idea what I am talking about.

Well, I must have been saying the right things, as I was getting emphatic nodding and not "what is she talking about" stares. After the service, they all thanked me sincerely. They really do like my preaching. Must be doing something right. I try to speak from the heart and as the spirit moves me. I must admit, I really do feel the spirit's guidance when preparing a service. When I lead worship, I never cease to be amazed just how well it's all come together.

I'm leading worship at that congregation another couple of times over the summer. I hope I can still met the high standards I have set for myself and expectations that congregation has of me. I'm sure, so long as I am saying God's message, that will be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!