Wednesday 24 August 2011

What a nice bunch...

the candidates I met the other night are. It was so good to meet with them, exchange experiences and generally blether.

It's a relief hearing there are others who feel the same I do ("They picked me. Of all the people at assessment conference, me?!"). Of discovering others who have been blessed by apparent delays since first starting on their road to ministry. Of learning the tricks of the trade from those more experienced.

Generally, I was amazed at our deep sense that no matter how ridiculous our calls may seem, even to ourselves, it is exactly where we should be. God knows why he has chosen every one of us. Looking at the group, I think the Kirk is in safe hands for the future (she says, polishing halo!).

Onwards to conference at the weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting more of my colleagues and fellow candidates. Despite all the things I have heard about conference, I'm going to enjoy it. It will be the beginning of becoming the minister I am called to be and that is cool, like bow ties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!