Tuesday 16 August 2011

In the right direction

As it turns out, placements should have been discussed at my ministries council meeting in a bit more detail than they were (i.e. just that I would do 4, including probation, in total). It wasn't on the agenda, so was missed. Oops.

I've managed to find out who does take candidates in my area, finally. There is one which may be a possibility for probation, so I've deliberately not went with it. Better to keep my powder dry on that one.

My first choice for placement is about as "High Kirk" as I can get in my area. There are also other "issues" I am aware of (which I cannot mention here) at that church which will make it a good place to learn, even if I would never want to minister there!

My second choice I don't know as well. I believe it's a wee bit more happy clappy than I am used to and has a praise band (which I am not, generally, a fan of). As it's a bit of an unknown entity, I would be going there with a very open mind. I know I would learn there (I know I would at any placement), but feel the other church would be much more beneficial for my future ministry.

Now, I just need to wait to see if my first choice would be prepared to take me. I understand having a student is a lot of work and they may not be in a position to.

I also know, if they can't take me and I go to my second choice, God is sending me there for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.

On a selfish note, Spot and I will not need to head in different directions on a Sunday morning. That's not to say that wasn't insurmountable, but it's a lot more convenient. I don't want to make a rod for my back between placements and study.

Hopefully, I'll know where I am going by the end of this week, beginning of next. One less thing to cover at conference. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!