Tuesday 2 August 2011

Encouragement in unusual places

I was paying a cheque (yes, I know) into the bank the other day. The teller was lovely and hinted at a "customer review". I mentioned I was going to uni, so would prefer to hold fire until the student accounts came out. Which lead to an amusing but uplifting conversation.


"Oh, what are you going to be studying?"
"Divinity"
"That's interesting. What is that for?"
"It's what ministers study"
"Wow. How long is the course?"
"I need to do 3 years at uni and then there's 15 months probation"
"Oh, I thought it was 5 years. Where do you think you'll minister?"
"Don't know; but early to say"
"I suppose you need to see where you're lead? Well, good luck and all the best."

I never thought I'd get such a supportive and encouraging conversation about my call in the bank. You never can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!