Sunday 29 July 2012

It won me over

I so wanted to avoid it. I really didn't give a monkey's and was relishing the time when it would be all over. I even went out to avoid it.

But it was on the big screen in the pub. I ignored it to begin with, but it drew me in. What were they doing? What did this all mean? Then I realised exactly what they were up to. They were forging the rings. That was the point where Danny Boyle's opening ceremony won me over.

I left when the athletes stated to come into the stadium, but the main show had been amazing. And hats off the the Queen for being up for being collected by James Bond. That was sooo cool. Well done ma'am.

Though I didn't see it, the final touch of the lighting of the torch. By 7 future heroes. Not past, not present, but future. What a brilliant symbol of what they have been telling up this is all about since it was won - to create a future for sport and where people all over Britain of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy taking part in sport. I hope that my cynicism about that will be proven wrong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!