Thursday 5 July 2012

Doing enough

It's now four weeks since I started at Highland Cathedral (well, technically it's five, but the conference week doesn't count as placement time). I can't believe how quickly the time's passing, especially as my supervisor and I have already started talking about what will happen during my last Sunday here!

As some things wind down for the summer, I am slightly wondering if I will have enough to keep me occupied over the next six weeks. It's a fine line, as I could land up shooting myself in the foot and giving myself too much to do. Also, I need to allow time for research, reflection and working things out - due to my lack of experience, many things take me longer than an experienced minster, but that's just the way of it.

My supervisor has suggested I have some funerals passed onto me. When he suggested that I was really taken aback, as I've not been involved at all, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be no bad thing getting the experience when I can. I also see it as a complement he would trust me to do a good job, even when he has not seen how I would lead such an act of worship. That's also very humbling too.

I am going to have my first taste of leading part of a funeral next week. I am a little daunted by it, but keep remembering God's got my back and I don't do (and couldn't do) what I do without him at my side, guiding and sustaining me in and through his holy spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!