Monday 16 July 2012

Half way there

I just can't believe I've finished 5 weeks of my 10 week placement here at Highland Cathedral (though with the conference I've been away from home for 6 weeks - not complaining, merely an observation). In some ways I can see just how much I've still to do while I'm here, yet can see just how much I've experienced and done since I arrived. And I feel really at home here - it's not that it's not challenging, but it's going with my personality, gifts and skills, rather than against. I've even been given a project to lead for Highland Cathedral. It was something they were going to do over the summer anyway, so at least it's not just been created out of nowhere. It's been running for 2 weeks now (from a 6 week run) and feedback from leaders and children is very positive. A few things were tweaked from the first week, but it was a first for everyone concerned and that's all part of the learning for all of us. I'm chuffed it seems to be going well and I am getting people engaged and enthused by the project. It's really been something I can get my teeth into, so a great learning experience for me and one which I know will stand me in good stead for the future. If the next 5 weeks are anything like the first 5, they will fly in. I am getting quite fond of it round here and Spot and I certainly wouldn't rule out moving to this neck of the woods. Still a few years off for that, though and anything can and probably will happen in the meantime - this is God's path after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!