Monday 2 July 2012

All's well.

I'm really lucky here at Highland Cathedral. Though it's challenging me, it's going with who I am, rather than against as my last placement did in many ways. To begin with I thought it was a bad thing feeling at home and seemingly fitting in really well, but now I realise that it is not. After all, when I enter a charge I don't want to be constantly on my guard and feeling like a square peg in a round hole.

The good friends I am staying with have and continue to be fantastic. I just never fail to be amazed at how lucky I am here. I am so glad I took the risk to be away from home for the summer to get an experience which I could never had obtained had I stayed at home. I really love it here to the point where spot and I have discussed whether or not I would consider a charge in the area around Highland Cathedral, Lets just say, I haven't ruled it out.

My supervisor is really good too. Such a contrast with my last one, though I did learn a lot there. I know I just get on with my current one in a way I didn't with my last one - which isn't a failing on either part, just human nature that there are people individuals click with over others.

I've even already built up really good relationships with the congregation - who are so helpful, supportive and encouraging. And they also understand they only need to remember 1 name and face, but there's hundreds of them! Some other congregations don't get that!

So I thank God for bringing me to this place. I am learning a lot and gaining in confidence and assurance in my abilities. I am where I need to be in this place and time, which is very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!