Sunday 29 April 2012

Usefulness in Randomness

I know stuff. Loads of random stuff, some very useful, some...less useful. The usefulness does depend on the context. Knowing what orthorectification is isn't going to be very useful in most instances, especially in ministry (though one never knows). Knowing where the toilets are in a range of places can be very handy...

So, I know random stuff. When I know some things, occasionally, I get the following reaction:

How do you know that?
I just do is usually the reply. I remember stuff. There were times I wish I didn't do this, but recently I have managed to have a conversation with a couple of people that I may otherwise not have had. Knowing something that they knew about allowed me to relate to them in a way I couldn't have otherwise. It allowed me a way in to show God's love to them and make them feel valued and included.

So, now I think, thank God for filling me head full of stuff.

Just hope this also works for exams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!