Wednesday 4 April 2012

Organised

With the rise of more people being involved in worship (e.g. projector, sound desk, organist, praise band etc), I think it is increasingly necessary for ministers to be more organised in getting things to these various people. I know when I was involved in worship before I began this whole process I appreciated knowing what was required of me by a Thursday evening. I know from my own experience that it makes my contribution feel valuable, helpful and appreciated, rather than an add on. It also made me more flexible as there was a bit of give and take. If I had constantly been asked to do things at short notice I would have began refusing to do them. If that model was how I liked to work on the other side of the fence (so to speak) then it's only right I do them same in the position I am now in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!