Friday 9 September 2011

St Andrews east sands

Drifting east
I took this photo while at candidates' conference during one of our breaks. I don't post many photos, as I'm hyper critical of them and this is a little shoogly.

It wasn't a great day, weather wise, but the beach still had a reasonable amount of people on it. There were even people surfing (braver souls than I am!). But the beach looks empty in this photo. People who really know this area may not even recognise it from this shot.


That's one of the things I like to do with photos. See places from a different perspective. Use different lenses and apertures to change how the location is perceived. To reveal beauty where is may be overlooked or taken for granted.


As part of the conference program we were invited to think of creative ways to lead a group to reflect on the spirituality of creation (or words to that affect). I think photography can be used for this. Pictures taken from unusual angels forcing the community to really look at where they are with different eyes.


Maybe this part of me. The "photographer" in me is part of my calling. Maybe I can use this gift in some way to enable a community to engage with there surroundings and each other. To engage with the wonder and beauty of God's creation in ways they may not have before. To get people outwith the established church involved too. Lets face it, everyone is a photographer these days.


But here I am getting ahead of myself again. I like taking photos and I shall always take photos of places I go. This gift, this skill may be just for my own pleasure and spiritual renewal. Or maybe God has other ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!