Saturday 3 September 2011

Not a good day

By lunch time today I had been given two items of bad news. Neither were a surprise, but confirmation is not always positive.

On one hand, I was told of a friend who is very ill. Very, very ill and the prognosis isn't great. I was impressed with myself, though (probably bad timing, but never mind). I managed to offer pastoral care to the friend who was telling me this bad news. Only once they were away did I reflect on it for myself and it hit me pretty painfully. My friend and their family will be in many prayers over the coming weeks, of that there is no doubt.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has been treated disgracefully at work and they may have to move city for work again, having only moved last month.

It's not fair. It's just not fair, seeing those I care for in pain. When things like this happens I feel very helpless and wonder what I can do, even through prayer. But I trust God will walk with my friends at this time and they may know and feel God's presence and support in their lives.

Everything is going to be alright. I sincerely hope and pray.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!