Saturday 4 May 2013

It's all about people, stupid!

So, 2 exams down, 2 to go. I know I answered the questions which were set in one of them - I may have answered the questions I wanted set in the other!

But, I realise (and this isn't a new or earth-shattering realisation) the results don't matter too much. Yes, I need to pass, as I need to pass the exams to get the degree I need to be a minister. But beyond that, the results don't matter.

I suppose it helps that I know I've not academic, so don't have ambitions of getting a first. I'd be happy with a Desmond (2:2, get it?!), as that's what I already have. I also think it helps I have a bit of mileage under my belt, so know there are many, many things which are more important than exams.

Even heading into an exam, I go all pastorally sensitive. trying to be supportive of fellow students who are nervous, concerned or have had real life to deal with. And that's what's important. People. Not marks, not results, but people and how I engage with them, trying, as flawed as I am to show a bit of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!