Tuesday 12 March 2013

Everything and nothing

Tomorrow, I will be speaking to a ground associated with Caledonia Kirk. And the theme is? Me. Yeah - (this is said in a slightly 'Deputy Dog' style).

It's humbling to be asked to talk to them (they are a lovely group of people), but I don't really like talking about myself - well not if it's just in "just about you" sort of terms.

There's a tension here. Revealing enough they get to know me a bit better (poor people), I have done my best, but I don't give so much away I leave myself open and vulnerable. That's tied with the knowledge in entering ministry I am doing just that.

So, for tomorrow afternoon I need to come up with a plan of action that I tell them everything, while telling them nothing. I think I'll begin with maps - maps are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!