Sunday 10 March 2013

Summer plans

After nearly 2 years of almost continuous placements, you'd have thought I might have decided to have the summer off. Spend time catching up with friends and family, reading and all those other things I don't seem to have enough time for. Maybe do a bit of pulpit supply, but not much else. Not me, not when there are other opportunities available!

Ministries Council runs a summer work experience scheme, where candidates can go to churches (usually in remote areas), where there is a long term vacancy, covering Sundays and a couple of days per week pastoral care. And we can get paid to do this too! So, as someone who wants to get as much experience as I can, I have offered my services.

It does mean I will be away from home again this summer. And Spot may not be able to come to see me so readily. But we both are looking at the notion of short term pain for long term gain (which does make me think of delayed gratification, but that always has sounded a little dodgy to me). I want to be the best minister I can be, so the more experience the better IMHO.

It will be very different to anything I have done this far. There will be no supervisor to report to, though I will have the interim moderator as a 'boss.' I will also be living in the manse (and it looks HUGE), in a small rural community. It's a linkage, which doesn't phase me too much, as so is my home church.

All I need to work out now is where the pub is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!