Saturday 21 May 2011

Will I get in?

Well, I don't know if you know this, but today is rapture day. According to retired engineer Harold Camping's calculations (based on the book of Ezekiel) today is the day when the faithful will be raptured or saved by Jesus while they (we?) watch Armageddon and judgement be dealt out on all the non-believers.

I suppose if it does happen today (6pm, apparently), the internet will have stopped working. Blast, that's how I find so many things in my life, including husbands! Oh well, could mess up my plans for going to Roll Away the Stone tomorrow, but will mean I won't need to sit my Greek exam next week! There's always a bonus.

The thing is, I don't really go for this. Yes, I do believe Jesus will come again and judge the living and the dead, but not today. Sometimes I think he'll wait until humanity has almost destroyed itself anyway, or is that a wee bit too negative?

Besides, there's always the one of the post-rapture parties. Would it be appropriate for me to attend? Yeah, you're right, probably not a good idea.

2 comments:

  1. There is an old Gaelic Prophecy whic says "Seven years before the end of the world, a deluge shall drown the nations : the sea at one tide shall cover Irland and the green-headed Islay - But Columba's Isle shall swim above the flood."

    So If I wake up and the waters are rising over here I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!