Monday 6 July 2009

Written for me?

Parts of yesterday's sermon spoke to me so well, it could have been written with me in mind.

The theme of the sermon was "The sacrament of failure" - where during our journey with God, as His disciples spreading His message, we will sometimes fail. People won't listen to what we are saying, we aren't saying the right thing for the people we're giving God's message to etc. But, the important thing about the failure is the get up, dust yourself down and move on. Move onto other places, to tell other people the message of God. And, hopefully they will hear you and listen.

Well, it just felt like my CFA journey. I failed at my last placement. I made mistakes. Hence me now starting another 6 months placement at another church. But, although I failed, I have dusted myself down and moved on. Even move to another town which isn't my home town. Wow. Okay, so I'm not directly spreading the message to my new placement church - I'm there to learn, grow and discern my calling. But the other things rung so true for me it was uncanny.

This isn't the first time I've been at churches or read a bible passage since the start of my journey of my calling to God last year, but every time the message I'm hearing feels as though it's specifically for me. Like the minister knew I was going to be there (which wasn't always the case) and their message was what I needed to hear.

I find this really quite amazing. God is with me in this journey. Helping me get back of the ground when I fall, dusting me down and leading me where He needs me to go. And where He needs me to go seems to provide what I need too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!