Friday 10 July 2009

Patience

I was away when the letter from Ministries council finally arrived with the details on my next CFA placement, so there was about a week and a half delay between the letter being sent and me being able to contact my local assessor. Given the time of year, not too bad I thought. Besides, it had been nearly 3 months since my last local review, so ministries council weren't exactly quick off the mark.

Well, today ministries council were in touch chasing-up my CFA agreement. I explained I had been away and had only briefly met with my local assessor after last Sunday's service to make introductions. The person at ministries council seemed a little surprised by that. Err, you keep me waiting for 3 months then chase me up after 2 weeks...patience is a virtue.

I'm doing to readings on Sunday at my new placement and rather looking forward to it. My local assessor wants me to enter the church with me, so she can introduce me to the congregation. That's very different from my last one were I was to sit in the pews and I was pointed out. I think I prefer the new local assessor's way of doing.

Now, I'm going to hang out the washing and pick some strawberries. What a thrilling way to spend a Friday evening. If there's enough strawberries I might make jam...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!