Saturday 18 July 2009

The right direction (2)?

Since Thursday's meeting, I've been praying and reflecting much more on my call. Why word and sacrament, why full-time ministry? Why me? I know I've gone over these things before many, many times, but this time seems more real, more deep and guided by God.

I feel I have placed myself in His hands in a way I hadn't before. I came across this prayer on a Church of England booklet I found online:

Father
I abandon myself into your hands.
Do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me
and all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, oh Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul.
I offer it to you with all the love in my heart.
For I love you Lord and so need to give myself
surrender myself into your hands
without reserve and with boundless
confidence you are my Father
Amen

Charles De Foucaul (1856-1916)

While I was praying it, I felt God was pouring His Holy Spirit into me in a way I've never felt before. It filled me with comfort and assurance I am on the right path and all I am doing I am doing in the name of the Father.

Also, I've had a look at one of the readings for tomorrow's services - 2 Samuel 7 1-14. Verse 8 just leaped off the page at me. David came from very humble beginnings to become King of Israel. I came from very humble beginnings too and God has called me to minister to His people. David made mistakes, but God chose him because of his heart. I feel that is why God chose me. I pray my heart is acceptable in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!