Thursday 6 June 2013

View from (near) my manse

Railway Crossing Harbour
Yesterday morning and evening I took the chance to get a stretch of my legs and start to get a feel for my home for the next few weeks.

It's a funny place, that with the A9 passing through, so there's a regular stream of end-to-enders or long-way-rounders. There's also more younger people than I expected, though from what I've seen and am now learning, there isn't much for them to do round here.

There's plenty walking and birdwatching to be done, which will keep me happy. There's also quite a lot of community activities which happen in and around the area, so I might pop along to some of them. Well, it's good practise for when I go to a charge, though am very aware how hard it can be to do things beyond the church walls, for various reasons.

So far, this has been a pretty full week. There's a lot to digest and think about. Reports will be regular, after all, what else do I have to do with my time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!