Tuesday 18 June 2013

Hidden waterfall


Out for a walk along the beach today. The seals were close to shore, but too far away for the wee compact camera. According to the locals, the seals are often where I spotted them, so I will head back on another day with the SLR.

Seeing wildlife and scenery here is easy. If fact, it's hard to miss. At the moment I am watching a song thrush gather beasties from the lawn. Goldfinches are regular visitors to the manse too, helping themselves to the dandelion seeds.

As I walked along the beach, I began to hear the sound of running water. I knew I'd maybe need to cross a burn on my journey, but didn't expect to see this:






It was just so surreal, this waterfall. Tucked away. It struck me as almost looking like a tropical waterfall. Given it's location, I suspect this is quite a hidden gem. Hidden, but beautiful and worth the effort to reach. Oh, that could take me to a sermon, but I'll just remember it's beauty and the almost perfectly horizontal stratification of the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!