Tuesday 11 June 2013

Talk of the steamie

Well, I'm the talk of the steamie! And not for the reasons you might think.

I dare, yes, dare, to walk to church. Who'd have thought that half a mile was an unacceptable distance to walk? Apparently the last time a minister in Railway crossing walked to church, it was before ministers had cars.

It was seen as being so strange that 4 people offered me a lift home. Just wait till the discover I'll do my pastoral visiting either by bike or on foot. Really, it's not that far. And a minister (or at least this trainee one) is not above walking. Besides, I need to burn off all that cake you keep giving me. And its a good way to meet people - even if it is just a passing 'hello' - after all, they are all 'my' parishioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!