Tuesday 19 June 2012

Stating the Obvious?

One thing my supervisor keeps calling me is insightful. Hadn't really thought os myself like that before, but maybe I am. Most of the things I've discussed with him which he's seen as insightful, I've seen as stating the bleeding obvious. Yes, I've wondered, questioned and reflected on the matters appropriately. I've also approached potential controversial matters in a diplomatic and sympathetic manner, but still feel it's just the way it is or could be or should be.

That said, the Emperor's new clothes was pretty obvious, but no-one had the guts to say anything. Given my insightfulness keeps being commented and complemented on, I wonder how many people in church either accept the way things are or don't see how things are? Or maybe it's easier for me as I'm removed from the situation - in the situation it's all too easy to not see the wood for the trees and maybe that's the case with some of the things I've discussed with my supervisor, though the context and content of some of those discussions would not necessarily lean in that direction.

Now, this seems to be a gift I didn't know I had. I hope it's useful for the future. Somehow I think, especially given the way my supervisor is complementing me, that it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!