Wednesday 13 June 2012

Looking deeper

I've decided to look at the importance of the sacraments in the life of the church. It's something I'm interested in (which is just as well, given I am training for the ministry of word and sacrament) and I do believe they are important to the life of the church.

I haven't covered this in any especial depth at uni as yet. It's been more an overview, though I am doing a course in the ministry and sacraments next academic year. This investigation may help when I come to do that course. I also know it will be useful getting a handle on what I believe happens and what they do, yet being aware of where others are coming from.

So, the thinking, reading and investigation begins. Should be interesting - though I hope those long theological words that I struggle to understand, no matter how often they are explained to me, don't crop up too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!