Sunday 10 June 2012

Missing the mark again

So there I was, leading the children's address. It was going okay until I  noticed that I was being projected onto the screens in Highland Cathedral. I didn't know that happened and wasn't exactly what you could call thrilled by that. The rest of the service wasn't projected, so I wonder why the address? If it's for the adults to see, well, they should move if they want is my philosophy.

Generally, it was okay, but just okay. I got nervous and a little repetitive. I don't know if the children usually start to ignore my supervisor or not, but that's the point where I knew I needed to draw it to a close and I did so. I hope they went away with something, though I'm not sure what that might be.

I'm not looking forward to my supervision over this. From last placement I have lost a lot of confidence leading children's addresses and the whole video thing did not help.I think I'm now so self-conscious about getting it all right I just miss the mark and beat myself up too much. Though I think my new supervisor may be a lot more supportive than my last one - just have to wait and see.

No one really commented on the way out of church, except one lady who was hugely supportive. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but that's human nature. Well, I'm going to take the attitude that no news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!