Thursday 3 March 2011

An honour and privilege

On Sunday, Spot and I attended the baptism of the son of friends of ours. I've lost count of the number of times I have been at church when a baptism has been taking place, but this was the first time I had been invited to a baptism.

There was a relaxed atmosphere in the church and almost everything during the service was explained in a non-patronising manner. That made the experience, especially for those without a Church of Scotland background, to still feel part of the worship. The only thing which could have been explained was where to find the words of the Apostles Creed and Lord's prayer, as the church does not have a projector. Not only for those who would not those by heart, but there can be (and was) variation in the words from those the baptism party members were perhaps familiar with.


It was an honour and privilege to be part of such an important occasion in the life of our friends' son. I know he will grow up in a loving and caring household, where Christ's love is ever present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!