Sunday 13 March 2011

No pressure, then!

In a couple of weeks I will be supplying pulpit supply for my home churches. Again, this is a great privilege and honour, especially as I am allowed a free hand. My minister is there for guidance, if necessary, but pretty much lets me get on with it. (Note to self - things will change on placement!).

Today, a member of the congregation mentioned me covering for my ministers. "Mrs Gerbil, I believe you are leading worship for us while our ministers are away. I'm very much looking forward to hearing you preach." This was very humbling, as this person was one of my Sunday School teachers and has a great knowledge of the bible (much, much better than I do).

I find it amazing how much people seem to enjoy my services. I know I have set my standards high, or should I say God has guided my high standards? I do know I definitely couldn't do this without the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the grounding I have had in faith from people such as the lady who spoke to me today. I just pray I don't let God down when I do lead worship and in the way I try to lead my life - through and with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!