Wednesday 2 June 2010

Good Times

I had a lovely afternoon on Monday chatting with my ministers. Mainly, the visit had been arranged to talk over my success at assessment conference, but we spoke about so much else.

I did let them read my report from the conference - they were very impressed. That's good; imagine if they read it and thought "they let people in with a report like that!".

One of my ministers had been in touch with a friend of hers who works closely with Prof. David Fergusson of Edinburgh uni, who had given her advice to contact him for help. Although I'd already persuaded that avenue unsuccessfully, I was touched she'd gone to the effort for me. At the moment, I'm going for the attitude of try clearing, but I won't get my hopes up too much. I suppose I'm fairly resigned to the fact I might not be able to begin training until next year. I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's all meant.

So, what to do with myself. I'm already involved in the closing service for the church organisations at the end of June. My ministers and I were bouncing ideas around on Monday and I even came up with the "title" of the service - Growing Stones. No doubt, I'll get roped into various other services etc. It would be good if I could get a chance at other churches in my presbytery. Just need to see what comes up.

So, that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have plenty to talk about soon enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!