Wednesday 23 June 2010

Anti-climax

Last night was the presbytery meeting where the ministries council's decision to accept me as a candidate in training for ministry was ratified. It was good news for presbytery - two members of churches in presbytery have been accepted for ministry training and a reader had just completed his training.

Having sat through most of the meeting (ministries report was last up) we were presented to presbytery. I at least thought we'd have to go forward and be "welcomed" by the moderator. No - we just were asked to stand up. That was it. No questions, no fan fair, nothing.

I knew this was a procedural thing and it was unlikely the ministries council's decision would be questioned, but I thought there would be a little more "excitement". I suppose that's what comes when the item is near the end and everyone just wants to go home.

I had to leg it pretty sharpish after the meeting. It didn't finish till after nine and if I'm not home by 9:30 I turn into a pumpkin! A couple of members of presbytery did congratulate me as I left, which was nice.

So, looks like I am now, officially, a candidate in training for the ministry of word and sacrament. It's just a pity the training probably won't begin until next year, due to the lack of a uni place. Ne'er mind, these things are all meant. It's all part of God's plan for me, that I am sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!