Saturday 29 August 2009

That was nice

I bumped into a member of the church I had my last placement in this morning. We chatted for a little while and she was really happy to see me and interested in where I am now.

I told her where I was and I was still in the middle of the selection process. "Oh, I really enjoyed hearing you during your time with us" she told me "I would be surprised if you weren't selected".

I was really quite touched by her sincerity, warmth and genuine interest in how I am. My encounter with her really lifted me and has shown me my time at my last placement did leave a positive impression.

Thank God for that!

1 comment:

  1. It really is lovely when your ex-"parishioners" stop you and ask how you are getting on - especially when you had a bad experience! 5 years on from my own "annus horibilis" I still get that parish asking about me - where are you now? when is your ordination? how are you doing? and best of all - we really liked having you!

    Time lends perspective and it certainly was a learning experience - but the hurt remains.

    Good luck and keep enjoying your new experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!