Monday 24 August 2009

Did I help?

The fraught Mum, trying to pack her shopping.
The little boy, 3 years old maybe, not being naughty, just being a child - trying to entertain himself while Mum does the shopping.
Me - just popping in for some milk. I'm not in a hurry. I say "hi" to the little boy and smile towards the Mum.
The Mum - worried she's holding me (the lady!) up and her little boy's annoying me.
But still, I'm not bothered. I remember what I used to do when I was bored waiting for my Mum and 3 years old.
As I go to leave the store, the Mum's finishing off her packing. She's still worried she's holding me up.
I say "excuse me" to her little boy and, just before I turn away, tell the Mum "he's fine, don't worry about it".
She smiles and looks relived.
I hope my small (very small) act of kindness brightened her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!