Thursday 4 September 2008

In the Begining

When I was at school wondering what to do with my life I prayed to God asking what He wanted me to do. Since then I have been running away from that call. Finally, after nearly 20 years of avoiding my call, I have decided to take the first steps along the road.

The turning point for the begining of this journey was back in June, at the Church of Scotland's National Gathering. One of the speakers was the Archbishop of York - John Sentamu. At one of the services, he asked anyone who wanted to come forward if they wanted to commit further to God. At this point, I felt a great urge to go forward; to finally declare to God, okay you want me to be a Minister, so here I am. That was the moment when I stopped running away from my calling and started to accept what God wants me to do with my life.

Since then, I have begun the first steps of Enquiry required to explore my call, within the Church of Scotland. Further posts will follow the ups and downs of this exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!