Tuesday 27 August 2013

Coming up

In a few days I will be heading off to another candidates' conference. If I'm honest, I'm looking forward to seeing my colleagues, some of whom I haven't seen since the last one. As for the conference - how that goes seems to very much depend on the speakers themselves.

This will be my final conference before probation. For around a third in my peer group, they will either will have already begun probation or be about to begin it. There was a chance I could have been in that boat, but know this is the right timing for me. It's one of those things I can't put my fingers on, but I just know staying to do honours feels right. Besides, doing a dissertation on church architecture - I have a feeling it might be more useful than some may think.

This next year will be a funny one. I have no placements, though have set up doing regular pulpit supply to keep my hand in (and to maintain the connection between the academy and the coal face). I still have Ministries Training Network (aka MTN - I still don't really see the point of it, but I do it as well as I can, never the less), but nothing formal beyond that. This is also the year when where I go for probation will happen. The list has been narrowed to 2, with a strong preference in favour of Airside Kirk.

And I have very few actual classes (plenty work, just we're expected to be 'independent learners' - glad it's not me spending 9 grand a year on this sort of education!). The way things work out, I may never see some of my year group. A bit like getting into probation (and, later, parish) I think this will make me make an effort to met them for tea and a blether.

Looking forward to getting back to uni, though. I enjoy the study. I'm looking forward to serving the church I am doing pulpit supply for too. I think they are looking forward to getting a bit of continuity - if I could be described like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!