Monday 5 August 2013

A day for meeting angels

I don't quite know what I do. People seem to like my preaching and my prayers and the way I generally engage with them and others. I don't see what I am doing as especially different (from what I think a minister should be doing) nor especially special. But, the people in Railway Crossing and First Stop seem to have a different idea.

I suppose I shouldn't over analyse this. They like me and I am just being who I am - nothing more, nothing less. I laugh (imagine that!), but I will also listen and share pain and, I suppose, just be there. As I say, nothing unusual.

Yesterday, there were a couple of angels in the congregation. Visitors on holiday. Both thought I was the minister. One is a reader in the Kirk - he genuinely seemed surprised when I told him I was just training. Another's family is from the area, so they visit the church in Railway Crossing whenever they are up. He liked my fresh approach (I didn't realise I had one), but wondered if older people may. He told me how he'd heard many people in the congregation saying how much they like my way of leading worship and that I was like a breath of fresh air. I was very humbled and touched that he wanted to tell me what the congregation was thinking. He seemed really enthused by the message he was bringing me. And I was humbled someone would do that.

Both were angels, because angels are messengers from God. They gave me a message of encouragement and reassurance I am on the right path on many, many levels. I pray I remain to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!