Wednesday 14 August 2013

And you're back

Not from outer space, though. After 10 and a half weeks away, I got home yesterday. It's been a busy old time, but I have thoroughly enjoyed (almost) all of it. It was a great opportunity to be the 'minister' in a couple of parishes for the summer and - for some reason I can't quite figure out - they really took me to their hearts. In some ways, maybe it might have been good to be there for the long haul, but I've maybe sown the seeds for a different way of ministry in the area (long story). If that's the case, then perhaps my time has been beneficial for the congregations as well as me.

On the way home, I also visited RAF Lossiemouth, to see how military chaplaincy works. At the moment, there's a lot to process about that - I will write about it soon. For now I will say 2 things. Men in uniform and sitting in pilot seat of a tornado. What more does a woman need?!

1 comment:

  1. I have and old RAF No1 uniform in the cupboard if you want it for Mr G, sorry but i through out the flying suit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!