Friday 17 August 2012

Right time, right place


In a few days time I will be at home. My home. The house I share with spotthegerbil. It'll be odd being home. I miss it. I miss not having spot around. I miss the sights and the smells. I miss my triangle of working. I miss my routine and my space.

(This is not to be a moan, but a reflection, so bare with me)

Yet being at Highland Cathedral has been a great opportunity which came my way. My good friends and very generous hosts offered me a place to stay even before I'd thought about summer placements (in fact, even before I'd started uni or my first placement). The things I have done would not have been open to me near my home (as there are some unique outreach projects at Highland Cathedral) and I have experienced living in a context very different from the central belt, where I have always lived. They have been gracious and generous hosts, with me becoming very much part of the family and this feeling like a second home. It's amazing how things can come your way and you can either take the chance or not. I'm so glad I did, though it has not been totally easy being away from spot for so long.

It's going to be hard leaving. I've come to love this place, the people, the congregation and I think they have come to love me. This area is definitely on the list of areas I would consider for a charge (though that seems a long way off at the moment).

It's funny, I had considered going abroad for a placement, but I am glad I chose no to. Here, at Highland Cathedral, was exactly where I needed to be for this placement. God gave me a choice and I accepted. I pray my next placement will be as beneficial in my formation as this one has. 

1 comment:

  1. Your triangle of working is safe and sound. I will admit the triangle has morphed into a pyramid, composed mainly of dishes and takeaway boxes, but it's still there in spirit... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!