Monday 20 August 2012

Home Sweet Home

Got home late last night. In theory, I could have come home yesterday afternoon, but Highland Cathedral were having their annual end of their Summer holiday club barbecue...it rained, but ne'er mind. I wanted to still be part of that, seeing as I was involved from the off in the planning and preparation of the week. Despite the rain, it was the right way to round off the week.

I always knew I would be leaving Highland Cathedral and it wasn't hard. I loved the church, the people, the area. It wasn't hard to leave as I think I will always have a place there if I were ever to visit (though weekends tend to be a bit difficult, for some reason!). To quote a member of the congregation yesterday "I can't believe you've only been here 10 weeks, you have become so much a part of the church. It's great". That was very touching and affirming. I was only able to do that by being myself and the congregation being who they were.

So all in all, this was a great placement for me. It's not that the placement wasn't without its challenges, but those went with my gifts and skills, rather than against them and that made all the difference to what I did, how I learnt and how I grew. I pray this may continue throughout my training and formation (a process which I know does not end on ordination).

And all this was possible because 2 good friends of spot and I were stupid enough to offer a place to stay to me. Thank God for people like them in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!