Wednesday 29 August 2012

At my side

So there I was, singing "Brother, Sister let me serve you" with my fellow candidates during our end of conference communion. As we sang, I couldn't. It's not that I don't like that hymn or struggle with its theology, but at that moment it felt more worshipful to feel the music than sing it. It was a strange feeling, but peaceful.

As I worshipped I felt my hand gently squeezed. Just briefly, barely noticeable. In the way Spot will sometimes do when he knows I could do with it. The sort of squeeze which says "I'm here; you're fine; I love you". We'll no one was physically holding my hand...but there was definitely that presence in that moment.

To my rational scientist brain, it was my imagination. But to my irrational self, the person who is following this mad thing called ministry, that was Jesus...just being there.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when he shows you that he is always by your side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!