Tuesday 8 November 2011

Challenge? What Challenge?

I've been feeling a bit over-whelmed and challenged with uni and placement stuff and have mentioned this to friends and colleagues. Their response has been a combination of "isn't it supposed to be challenging", "I get the impression you're not enjoying this placement" and "what is making it so challenging?".

And there's the rub. I don't know. I can't specifically put my finger on one or two things and say "It's X and Y". But maybe I'm not doing it right. Maybe I should be looking at what I find helps me grow and develop my ministry skills. There's a lot I can and will learn at Eagleside, from both my supervisor and the congregation. There's a lot to take in at uni, but the more I learn the more I realise how intertwined everything is and how helpful it will be at some point in my training and/or future ministry.

So, are these challenging thing? I'm beginning to think they aren't. I think I was struggling to get the balance right, get a decent routine and generally get used to me new role. Things are settling down (probably fatal last words!) and I feel much more open to and prepared for the learning opportunities which are coming my way.

3 comments:

  1. Think you've put your finger on it: the challenging thing is fitting it all in :)
    And the making of links/ intertwined stuff - yep, indeed. Sadly there have been others who have not seen / made/ bothered to make the connections and odd lateral tangents... so you're doing fine if you've picked up on some already - you go gurl!

    And... regardless of ministry training 'n such like, isn't the whole of life a challenge, and doesn't it make it a much better thing because of that? :D

    Loved, loved, loved - did I mention loved - the description of how Eagleside do communion - would love to be a part of that!!

    Ha, my wordverf is 'sister'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, life's a challenge, but it's also an amazing ride, which is pretty cool.

    I hope I'm making the connections - it's spooky how essays have come in handy for placement stuff already!

    So, just to be clear, you loved the communion description ;-) ? Yes, the communion was great and I'm so pleased I could be a part of it. Def something I will want to try in future.

    Such an appropriate wordverf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most important things in ministry is simply to keep turning up and keep doing the stuff....... no matter how you feel. And sometimes you will feel great, sometimes awful and sometimes nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!