Tuesday 1 November 2011

Including all the children

As it had been a busy week placement wise last week (12 hours all in), I was not involved in the service on Sunday. This gave me the opportunity to observe the service – both those leading worship and the congregation.

After my children's address last week, my supervisor commented I have to think what would be relevant to a 6 year old and I think that's a fairly valid point as I may not have got that across too well last week, but other feedback I have received seemed to contradict this. I can't help but wonder how to make them relevant for older children too, as they could feel patronised or excluded.

I know it's a difficult balance to strike and may well be something where, from time to time, I will have to admit defeat. I asked my supervisor for advise on this and that's more or less what he said. I can see that and that's one of the reasons why I think children's addresses are among the hardest things in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!