Tuesday 17 February 2009

More sermon praise

My home church records the service for those who can't attend. One of the young church leaders told me last night she wanted to hear the service, as everyone who had talked to her about it really enjoyed it - she was only in until the end of the children's talk. She also said she'd heard my sermon was excellent and really wanted to hear it. Oh no, what have I done?!

One of my minister's was telling me he was impressed how well I discussed the text, put it into the context of the time and then brought it's impact totally up-to-date. He also commented I also got the point across really well.

I am glad people enjoyed it and got something from it, but I really am not very good at accepting praise very gracefully. I'll have to get better at that. That said, I don't do any of this for my glory, but to bring glory to God. I hope others realise that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!