Monday 10 March 2014

Putting myself out there

My supervisor at the Big Kirk has been delighted with the work I've been doing on her behalf. A month or so ago, she let 121 know this. They (of course) asked her to write a report - for my file.

Because it's not till June I have my annual review, I asked if it were possible to have an interim review. That way, if I do need to do something additional before probation, I have time to deal with it and, even if what I've done is sufficient, it's all official. I feel this is important, for a variety of reasons, especially as I will be moving presbytery for probation.

I do feel I have somewhat exposed myself. The report my Big Kirk supervisor has written is very good - not only because it gives a honest picture of my work, my care, who I am, but I actually come across really rather well. I suppose, being the skilled reflective practitioner I am (excuse me while I remove my tongue from my cheek), I should know that. Yet, to have an experienced minister, who I respect and trust their judgement, say that makes it a lot more 'real,' if that makes sense?

I do, however, think I am taking a bit of a risk asking for this. All the right noises are being made and, when the time comes, I know there will be loads of people praying for me. I just hope me putting myself out there and exposing myself to the harsh glare of a committee's decision  will be viewed sympathetically by all present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!